August 31, 2011 - ACM Transactions in Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), Special Section on Embedded Systems for Real-time Multimedia
Call for Papers: ACM Transactions in Embedded Computing Systems (TECS)
Special Section on
Embedded Systems for Real-time Multimedia
The Embedded Systems for Real-time Multimedia (ESTIMedia) provides an international workshop to promote research and exchange ideas about all areas related to applications of multimedia systems and in the evolution of system-on-chip design technology addressing the challenges (e.g., in terms of software, architectures, real-time systems, DSP, compilers, multimedia applications) that are faced during the design of hardware and software for multimedia embedded systems.
To help promote the work presented at ESTIMedia 2010, ACM Transactions in Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) is planning a special issue on "the best of ESTIMedia 2010." All authors who presented papers at ESTIMedia 2010 are invited to submit an extended version of their paper to ACM TECS for inclusion in this special issue. Besides submissions from ESTIMedia'10, any other high quality submissions that fits the topics of the special issues are welcome.
Topics of interest include:
- Specification and modeling of multimedia systems
- Multimedia systems design methodologies and case studies
- Circuits and architectures for embedded multimedia architectures
- Multimedia processors and reconfigurable architectures
- Emerging trends (systems-on-chip, networks-on-chip, game applications, etc.)
- Validation and verification
- Software optimization and compiler techniques
- Timing aspects of media streams
- Scheduling of media processing
- Resource and QoS management methods
- Temporal estimation and protection of media streams
- Real-time kernels, OS and middleware support
Authors should submit their journal version at Manuscript Central adhering to the formatting instructions on the TECS Web page and indicate that you are submitting to the Special Issue on Embedded Systems for Real-time Multimedia on the first page and in the field "Author's Cover Letter:" in manuscriptcentral). For additional questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
|Submission deadline:||August 31, 2011
|Review results:||January, 2012|
|Final copy deadline:||approx. March 2012|
Please notice that the scheduled review dates are approximate dates and subject to change. We will kindly inform you about the review results as soon as a decision was made.
Questions regarding the disclosure of the review results should be addressed to the Guest Editor(s).
- Naehyuck Chang, Seoul National University, Korea
- Jian-Jia Chen, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany