- Generate MPI code for distributed memory machines from OpenMP programs in the STEP project (IT SudParis)
- Improve PIPS for the FREIA project to generate streaming code from image processing programs. (the FREIA team)
- Generate KAAPI dataflow threaded code from general programs in the SAFESCALE project (Loïc Plassart).
- Generalize the lattices we can use for abstract interpretation in PIPS through the APRON project.
- Porting PIPS to x86_64. It was already ported to Alpha Tru64 ten years ago for SRU. It was easy because sizeof(int)=sizeof(void *) on Alpha. In the case of Linux/gcc/x86_64, sizeof(void *) = 8 but sizeof(int)=4 and it breaks many things. (Ronan Keryell)
- fixing the C parser. No longer core-dump on some comments. Still to improve yet to commit. (Ronan Keryell)
- generate XML models of functions and applications (Corinne Ancourt, Ter@ops project)
- add new program transformations such as inlining, some kind of loop pipelining, generalized loop nest fusion, function coalescing (or "outlining"), etc... (Claude Tadonki, Joel Falcou, Ter@ops project)
- Use PIPS on PowerPC64 (Claude Tadonki, Joel Falcou, Ter@ops project)